Cosmetic Dentistry Long Beach
Conveniently located to serve Lakewood, Los Alamitos, Los Altos, and Belmont Shore
Since the health and appearance of teeth are closely linked, patients often find themselves hoping to repair the appearance of their smile in order to reflect their good dental health. Whether brightening the enamel or repairing the structure of the teeth, these treatments can provide individuals with greater comfort and self-confidence in their smiles.
At the office of John H. Cho, DDS, we provide patients with a number of options to achieve their goals. Contact our Long Beach cosmetic dentist today to schedule your exam and consultation for comprehensive cosmetic treatment.
Topical Whitening and Veneers
Many individuals require only minimal adjustment to the appearance of their teeth in order to achieve their ideal smile. Dr. Cho provides non-invasive teeth whitening in Long Beach, allowing patients with otherwise healthy teeth to lift stains that are caused by tea, coffee, smoking, and other habits or dark foods. Whitening treatments can be used to lift most stains, and allow patients to achieve brighter smiles with only a few treatments.
The treatment involves the removal of tartar, plaque and other debris from the teeth’s surface. A long-lasting agent may be added for further whitening.
In addition to topical options for whitening, we offer porcelain veneers for patients who are looking to correct minor spacing, crowding, crooked teeth, damaged enamel and internal stains. This treatment is minimally invasive, as the dentist simply attaches the veneer to the front of the affected tooth with a medical-grade adhesive. Veneer treatment creates the appearance of a “Hollywood Smile” with ceramic shells that are durable and resistant to staining.
Restorative Dental Services
For those patients who are in need of more comprehensive treatment to correct the appearance of their smile, we offer natural looking restorations. These treatments allow patients to repair teeth that have experienced slight or significant damage, replace missing teeth, or restore the entirety of a missing arch. Our treatments, which utilize natural looking dental ceramics and composite resin, include:
- Tooth-colored fillings – This treatment is ideal for those with a fractured or a decayed tooth needing restoration or replacement. The fillings used blend well with the natural color of the teeth without having to remove the healthy portion of the affected tooth as they are adhesively bound.
- Porcelain Crowns – To restore a damaged tooth covering a larger area, dental caps, also known as crowns, are used. Porcelain crowns are widely popular dental caps as they are durable and look natural. All-porcelain crowns are ideal for restoring a damaged tooth as they look more natural than porcelain crowns fused to metal.
A Porcelain crown fused to metal is a great option for restoring a damaged tooth in the back of the mouth. The metal lining that might be visible will not bother dental aesthetics if it is at the back.
- Inlays and Onlays – Somewhere between complete fillings and crowns fall inlays and onlays. A dentist will usually recommend inlays and onlays if some spaces in and around the decayed tooth are yet to be filled, usually hollows or cavities in a tooth or spaces between the cusps.
- Dental Bridges – In the case of a missing tooth, a dental bridge is used to fill in the gap. Dental bridges are supported by dental crowns. Depending on the procedure employed, the bridges can be either cemented to both or one of the abutment teeth. In some cases, the brides can be attached to the back of the abutment teeth.
- Full and Partial Dentures – For entirely missing teeth, full dentures are fixed after the gum heals post teeth removal. Partial dentures are used to restore areas of missing teeth, with some of the natural teeth still remaining using a gum-colored base.
- Dental Implants – These are artificial teeth that restore the missing teeth and use a metal in the place of the tooth root for them to work naturally.
Complete Smile Makeovers in Long Beach
Our Long Beach cosmetic dentist provides a range of treatments that can be customized to meet your individualized needs. Whether you are looking to replace a single tooth or enhance the entire health and appearance of your smile, we will work with you to create an ideal treatment plan to address your goals.
Achieve Your Ideal Smile Today!
Contact the practice of Dr. John H. Cho today to schedule your exam and consultation with our Long Beach cosmetic dentist. We strive to help patients achieve their smile goals with a range of treatments tailored to their personal comfort and needs.
- Composite Fillings
- Empress® Restorations
- Porcelain Crowns (Caps)
- Porcelain Fixed Bridges
- Porcelain Inlays
- Porcelain Onlays
- Procera® Crowns
- Teeth Whitening